Resources & Forms
Mental health in the media
This section is a curated work in progress! I hope it grow to be a home to useful resources for clients and those interested in mental health.
- Glennon Doyle’s podcast, We Can Do Hard Things: a fantastic interview with Becky Kennedy about parenting, and re-parenting ourselves: Transcript, and the Apple Podcast (Also on Spotify, and Audacy). Don’t miss the second episode as well!
- An interview between psychologist Jacob Ham, and journalist Stephanie Foo, talking about her memoir and “google docs” therapy: Youtube.
- Brené Brown’s interview with Emily & Amelia Nagoski about their book, Burnout: Transcript and Podcast.
- Neurologically and for mental health, being in nature is more profoundly important than most of us realize. Here are some recent resources to this fact: An article in The Guardian, and Florence Williams’ The 3-Day Effect & the importance of being in nature: The REI article, or listen to the audiobook.
- Joanna Macy’s website Active hope.
- Gudrun Zomerland’s article exploring Shame as Self-Care, and another regarding Narcissism and Co-Narcissism.
- Interested in different popular forms of trauma therapy in the media? I found this to be an useful comparison Wade Lang: EMDR, ART, Brainspotting
- Need a study partner? Body doubling is possible in a virtual café
Note: I am not responsible for the content, claims or representations contained in the references above.